Sunday 17 March 2019

Some Shots from Long Point

The title says it all......I couldn't think up anything more creative.

Every spring, the Stratford Field Naturalists take a day trip down to Long Point to check out returning Tundra Swans and other spring migrants.  The lake was still frozen farther out, but there was a fair bit of open water closer to shore and the waterfowl for the most part provided good views.  I didn't end up taking a lot of pictures, but have a few to share.

Canvasback were numerous.







We thought we were going to miss out on the big flocks of Tundra Swans, but were fortunate enough to find a field with hundreds of swans flying in.

 It was an incredible experience to watch and listen to a flock of that size.

I took a brief video clip.

In the plant realm, I found the remains of what I think is an Eastern Prickly Pear at Old Cut, a new species for me.



Not photographed, but my first of the year, was an Eastern Phoebe at the Roger's Ave Viewpoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment