Sunday 2 December 2018

A Few Photos

Short post here just to keep this blog somewhat active.  I haven't since seen anything in comparison to the rarity of the Rondeau Kiskadee, but that doesn't mean I haven't taken time to get out and explore.  I didn't get to the Goderich Calliope Hummingbird, but one can't get them all. 


This Eastern Screech-Owl spent the day in one of our flicker boxes.  The flickers have never used it, but the squirrels have been in and enlarged the hole.

The nomadic Evening Grosbeaks made a brief stop at the feeders. 

A chilly Ovenbird showed up for several days at a friend's feeder.



A visit across the border to our southern neighbours earlier this fall resulted in a few nature observations as well.

Fox Squirrel- Illinois USA

American White Pelican- Illinois USA

American Lotus- Illinois USA
Christmas bird counts are on the way again.  I'm planning to participate in what has become my usual two counts in Linwood and Stratford.

1 comment: