Wednesday 29 April 2015

Weekend Birding



Well I'm back.  I know it's been a while since my last post.  It's spring and that means that life on the farm is getting busy.  It won't be long and we can be out working the fields.  It's also a great time of year to watch for returning migrants. 

This past Sunday, I had a free afternoon and decided to cover as much ground as I could at home.  I got my bike out and headed around through the back lanes.  I won't bore you with a long write up.  The pictures can pretty much speak for themselves.  I didn't get any new lifers, but it was still a great day.  Ebird List

Blurry bluebird- my first of the year.  Hopefully it will nest in one of our boxes.

The old elm tree.



One of our rows of ash trees.  As the emerald ash borer moves in, they are almost certainly doomed.
 
 Tonight I got a couple decent photos of some fairly new spring arrivals, the barn swallows.


Won't be long before we can expect flashes of summer colour.
Indigo bunting-taken last year at bird feeder.

No comments:

Post a Comment